Website Feedback

Old news posts for the nostalgic.

Moderator: Officers

Jahdiel

Website Feedback

Post#1 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:33 am

Right now I'm in a lull with the website/tracker. I was originally thinking of setting up an image gallery and such, but I haven't gotten around to it yet (and I haven't had much in the way of pictures and such submitted to me, either).

So I thought I'd bug you guys and see what you want out of the site. What things do you want fixed/changed/updated/improved? Want a main page with shiny stuff on it? Want more features in the tracker? What bugs you about the site? Something difficult to do that shouldn't be?

This is your opportunity to flame, so go go go! :) I can take it.
Hamlet says "To be or not to be", and the building behind him blows up. It is spectacular. The audience whispers, "Yes. This is what Shakespeare meant."

Bitemark

Post#2 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:05 pm

Want a main page with shiny stuff on it?

Unicorns!! We want Unicorns, oh yeah and Kravyn wants a puppy, a shiny puppy..... with spots.

How about a front page with a picture of the latest boss we dropped and us standing there looking all awesome and stuff?

Ok Cya.
-Claims she loves me but she cuts me into pieces. When I'm sewed up here comes another papercut. Then I'm stuck with a hand full of bandaids until she comes back around like them ceiling fan blades. - Gym Class Heroes

Invalid

Post#3 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:09 pm

Suggestions:

1) To access the raid tracker you need to either log out of the forums or find the link in a sub-forum post. I think a link should be created to allow users to access the raid tracker easily within the forums page.

2) Since there a number of members that are in Australia, I suggest creating a sub-forum or section in the raid tracker that helps us Aussies setup raids and other events around our time schedule (this is only if we can't make the standard guild times).

Oko

Post#4 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:00 pm

Actually, you can access the raid tracker through the main page of http://www.ordoveritas.com , just click "Tracker" :D

Invalid

Post#5 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:40 pm

Yeah I know that, I am just lazy cos my bookmark is set to http://www.ordoveritas.com/forums :|

Kravyn

Post#6 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:30 am

EHH good idea Invalid eh eh *applause*
00101111011101000110100001110010011101010111001101110100011010010110111001100111

Jahdiel

Post#7 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:04 am

Invalid wrote:1) To access the raid tracker you need to either log out of the forums or find the link in a sub-forum post. I think a link should be created to allow users to access the raid tracker easily within the forums page.

Definitely doable.

2) Since there a number of members that are in Australia, I suggest creating a sub-forum or section in the raid tracker that helps us Aussies setup raids and other events around our time schedule (this is only if we can't make the standard guild times).

Hm. Well, there are a couple ways to do this. Right now, only officers can create raids in the tracker. I could update it so that you could create a raid that gets submitted and we approve, so you could use it to set up raids and such. From a forum perspective, there's already the Raids and Events forum. Does that not do what you'd want to do?

These are some good suggestions. Anybody else? So far this is about all I've gotten...
Hamlet says "To be or not to be", and the building behind him blows up. It is spectacular. The audience whispers, "Yes. This is what Shakespeare meant."

Jahdiel

Post#8 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:47 pm

Update:

Ask and ye shall recieve!

Anything else you guys want?

Gharnl

Post#9 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:54 pm

Can we somehow install a method for distributing frosty, delicious beer from the forums directly to my mouth?
My parents said I could be anything when I grew up, so I became an asshole.

Invalid

Post#10 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:00 pm

ZOMG!!! Jah you are a legend!!! 8)

/hugs

Final suggestion, is there a way you could convince my boss that playing WoW at work is beneficial to the company and improves on my mouse clicky skills?!

Invalid

Post#11 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:21 pm

Jahdiel wrote:Update:

Ask and ye shall recieve!

Anything else you guys want?

Um ... Jah ...

Mine no worky :(

Jahdiel

Post#12 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:48 pm

Invalid wrote:Um ... Jah ...

Mine no worky :(

Use the WoWMoonclaw01 theme, and you'll see it. (You can edit it in your profile).

Invalid

Post#13 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:01 pm

I did that, now I can see it. I just wanted to keep subSilver theme was all 8)

Gharnl

Post#14 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:20 pm

Invalid wrote:I did that, now I can see it. I just wanted to keep subSilver theme was all 8)

God! It's just one thing after another with you isn't it Invalid? :D
My parents said I could be anything when I grew up, so I became an asshole.

Invalid

Post#15 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:39 pm

Gharnl wrote:
Invalid wrote:I did that, now I can see it. I just wanted to keep subSilver theme was all 8)

God! It's just one thing after another with you isn't it Invalid? :D

Yep, speaking of which, wanna gimme some enchants :lol:

Oh and can't wait for the beer dispenser to be installed!

Return to “News Archive”