Loot Rules

Guild charter, loot rules, and more!

Moderator: Officers

Jahdiel

Loot Rules

Post#1 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:38 am

We try to use the built-in Blizzard looting system whenever possible. When the loot rules say "roll need"/"roll greed"/etc., do this by using the built-in UI. These rules apply for all OV-run raids, not 5-man regular and heroic content, wherein we just go with the standard Dungeon Finder etiquette, such as it is. When in doubt, however, just ask. The loot box takes a while go to by, and there's plenty of time to answer your question!

1) Roll greed on all greens (unless they're an upgrade, where you can select need, and we can mock you appropriately).
2) If the item is an upgrade for your current spec, roll need.
3) If the item is an upgrade for an off-spec, roll greed.
4) If you don't want the item, pass.

Note that these exact same rules apply for BoE trash drops in raids. Drops in our runs are prioritized to people who want to use them, not for personal profit. If everyone passes, it will go into the guild bank, and be free to any raiding main character, and available for purchase for alts. Details can be found elsewhere, or explained upon request.

DO NOT EVER hit Disenchant in a raid. Feel free to do so in 5-mans to speed things up. However, as we use the Greed option for off-spec gear that may get used in a raid environment, we do not want any perfectly good gear getting Disenchanted when someone actually wants it.
Last edited by Jahdiel on Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:48 am, edited 9 times in total.
Hamlet says "To be or not to be", and the building behind him blows up. It is spectacular. The audience whispers, "Yes. This is what Shakespeare meant."

Jahdiel

Post#2 » Tue May 23, 2006 9:30 am

/badonkadonk

For those of you who didn't see Ham's post earlier, the 1.11 ZG changes make coins/bijous strictly for reputation, so we can simply Need bijous now.
Hamlet says "To be or not to be", and the building behind him blows up. It is spectacular. The audience whispers, "Yes. This is what Shakespeare meant."

Jahdiel

Post#3 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:08 am

/bumpage

Update for our AQ20 rules.

Jahdiel

Post#4 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:58 am

/bump in the night

Since WoW is down for 36 hours, I figured I'd update these. :D

Jahdiel

Post#5 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:49 am

/bump for clarification

To prevent confusion, we've added this regarding armor drops:

For armor drops, roll preference is first given to characters with that armor class (i.e. cloth goes to cloth wearers, leather to leather, etc), and then opened up to all who can use it.

Jahdiel

Re: Loot Rules

Post#6 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:31 pm

/bump

These were reeeeeeaaaalllly old. So I fixt dem!

Rhaegal

Post#7 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:18 am

Updated for how we plan to handle [item]Trophy of the Crusade[/item] from heroic Trial of the Crusader. It'll be at least 3 weeks before we have to worry about it, but I wanted to post this sooner rather than later, especially now that people have enough [item]Emblem of Triumph[/item] to start buying things. Jeff and I felt like this was the best way to guarantee that the tier tokens get used quickly, instead of sitting in someone's bag for 2-4 weeks while they gather enough emblems. Obviously use your judgment - as long as you have enough tokens that you can get the item before the next raid via heroic dailies, I'd say that's fine.

Let us know if this new rule doesn't make any sense.
Alex, 33 Human PhD Chemist
Pijuo 110 Pandaren Monk
Panser 110 Tauren Druid
Rhaegal 106 Orc Shaman
...and many more

Please increase your signal to noise ratio before speaking.

Rhaegal

Post#8 » Wed May 18, 2011 11:42 am

Updated the OP, taking out the TotC junk and clarifying some things. I should really revisit the stickies on our forums once every major content patch or so.
Alex, 33 Human PhD Chemist
Pijuo 110 Pandaren Monk
Panser 110 Tauren Druid
Rhaegal 106 Orc Shaman
...and many more

Please increase your signal to noise ratio before speaking.

Return to “FAQ”