Bank

Guild charter, loot rules, and more!

Moderator: Officers

Jahdiel

Bank

Post#1 » Thu May 04, 2006 6:38 pm

Guild Bank
Members recieve access to the guild bank when they become Acolytes. It's been said that "it is better to give, than to recieve." The guild bank works similarly: the more you give to it, the more you are able to withdraw. If you have a guild bank item you would like to request from a tab that is locked, let one of the officers know. One easy way to do this is send a mail to one of the officers saying "Hi, I'd like X." Another is to say "Hi <officer>, I want X from the bank." The remaining tabs are free for all (with withdrawal caps), so guild members with appropriate rank may freely utilize them.
Last edited by Jahdiel on Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:49 am, edited 5 times in total.
Hamlet says "To be or not to be", and the building behind him blows up. It is spectacular. The audience whispers, "Yes. This is what Shakespeare meant."

Jahdiel

Post#2 » Sun May 07, 2006 8:02 pm

/bump for update.
Hamlet says "To be or not to be", and the building behind him blows up. It is spectacular. The audience whispers, "Yes. This is what Shakespeare meant."

Gharnl

Post#3 » Sun May 07, 2006 8:04 pm

/bump for reminderment.

You must be at least to Acolyte rank before you can make requests of the guild bank. And of course, it's always better to give then to receive. So the more you contribute, the more likely it is that we'll send something shiny your way when you need it. :D
My parents said I could be anything when I grew up, so I became an asshole.

Jahdiel

Post#4 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:57 am

/bump for second character, Demand. Used for patterns/schematics/recipes.

And added the "no snowball" clause (I'm looking at you, Logan). :)

Gharnl

Post#5 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:07 pm

So how much more [item]Dark Iron Residue[/item] do I have to send in before you add a "No more [item]Dark Iron Residue[/item]" clause? :D
My parents said I could be anything when I grew up, so I became an asshole.

Jahdiel

Post#6 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:01 am

/bumps, yo

Added the "instance-specific" clause to Demand. :) And also moved the description of the banks from the charter to here, since it makes more sense.

Jahdiel

Re: Bank

Post#7 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:36 pm

/sneeze

The bank's been reorganized a bit to allow for two "free for all" tabs (anyone can deposit or withdraw, Acolyte and up, with withdrawal caps), and one locked tab. The two FFA tabs are up for grabs, so you're welcome to give or take as you please. We'll keep an eye on it and try to keep it organized. The last tab will stay officer only to allow us to distribute rarer mats (some enchanting mats, primals, gear, a few other items); just ask an officer if you need anything from it.

Rhaegal

Post#8 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:23 am

So we have this thing called a guild bank. In this thing called the guild bank are items. These items range from useless shit (see the first tab of said guild bank) to useful things like enchanting mats, epic gems, and epic BoEs. In general, useful things are on the second tab, which is locked down to officer access only. This is not because we don't want you to use them. It is restricted access in order to minimize the risk of someone with access getting hacked and everything going missing. I don't think we got a single thing back from when Rose's account was hacked, and I don't think any of us want to lose all the stuff that's there all over again.

Excuse the emphasis here, but I want to make sure I'm clear:

The stuff in the guild bank is for you to use. Use it.

This stuff only has value insofar as it gets used for us, which generally means in a raid environment. The people who put stuff there of their own free will (I'm particularly referring to epic gems here, but this is true in general as well) are doing so by knowingly forfeiting potential profit for the benefit of improving our raid performance, not so the bank can be full of lots of pretty colors, or so we can stockpile crap until two expansions from now Jules opens the guild bank and starts screaming at us in guild chat about holding onto useless shit. (As amusing as those days are, it really isn't why we put stuff there. I hope. Mostly.)

So my point is, please, use stuff. We don't have a ton of people in the guild, so it's not like you're stepping on people's toes by grabbing stuff. If there's anything you need, just ask. That's what it's there for. Really. I swear. We'll be happy that you're asking for stuff you'll use.
Alex, 33 Human PhD Chemist
Pijuo 110 Pandaren Monk
Panser 110 Tauren Druid
Rhaegal 106 Orc Shaman
...and many more

Please increase your signal to noise ratio before speaking.

Rhaegal

Post#9 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:39 pm

At Undra's request (and thanks to his generous purchase of another tab), I did some guild bank management.

Tabs 1 & 2: Old Bullshit - These tabs are for that old bullshit that make some of us twitch just looking at, but others can't let go of. Put your old mostly-useless bullshit materials/patterns/whatever here. Within reason. I take no responsibility for what is in these two tabs, and will not be cleaning them out for any reason. Manage them yourselves!

Tab 3: Recent or cheap - This tab is for things that are either still-somewhat-useful items from relatively recent content, or some current stuff that's useful but not super valuable. Again, full access for everyone

Tab 4: Wrath - This tab is basically the same as Tab 3, but for organizational purposes, it might be useful to stick stuff that's specifically from Wrath here. If this gets pointless, I'll change the name to be the same as Tab 3.

Tabs 5 & 6: Cataclysm - This is for recent, Cataclysm items, materials, etc. that are useful and valuable that we don't want disappearing. This is sort of locked down. Explanation in next post.

Tabs 1-43 are full access for everyone.* Tabs 5-6 are the only restricted ones. As you may recall, the only reason we restrict the current stuff is in the unfortunate event that a guild member's account gets hacked, at least that tab is safe from theft or other shenanigans. It hasn't happened in a while, likely in part due to the battle.net authenticators many of us use now, but not everyone uses them and even those aren't foolproof.
Pijuo 110 Pandaren Monk
Panser 110 Tauren Druid
Rhaegal 106 Orc Shaman
...and many more

Rhaegal

Post#10 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:45 pm

I figured out how to make use of the new feature that allows guild permissions to be set requiring an Authenticator on the account. Basically, there are now two "Elect" ranks. They mean the same thing, really, but one is for people who have an Authenticator, and one is for people who don't. Those who have an Authenticator now have access to Tabs 5 and 6, at a daily withdrawal rate that is lower than that of officers, but should still be high enough to be useful.

Please use your best judgment on using these items. Don't put gems that are worth 200g on your latest, greatest green quest reward from Deepholm, for example. If you're not sure of the value of a crafted item, please ask; things have changed somewhat since Wrath, and some values have altered. A great example are the new belt buckles, which are not cheap, at least until the economy stabilizes.

Anyway, I attempted to run through and promote everyone appropriately. If you find that you do not have access to these tabs, then either you don't have an authenticator attached to your account, didn't have one on it when I went through and promoted everyone, or I simply missed you in the list as I scrolled through it. Any officer can promote you from one Elect rank to the other, so feel free to bug us.

Note that if you do not have an Authenticator attached to your account, it is absolutely intended that you not have access to these tabs in the bank. This is not because I hate you or that I'm trying to plug Blizzard's Authenticator; it's because phishing attempts still exist, and you're far more at risk for getting your account hacked than those of us who have them. We don't mind retrieving stuff from the bank for you now any more than we did before, so feel free to ask, as always.
Pijuo 110 Pandaren Monk
Panser 110 Tauren Druid
Rhaegal 106 Orc Shaman
...and many more

Return to “FAQ”