Base Mana values for each class

Awesome class strategies? Amazing talent builds? Here's the place to talk about it.

Moderator: Officers

Base Mana values for each class

Postby Rhaegal » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:28 am

Since all mana costs are a percent of base mana now, it's occasionally handy to have a list of the base mana values (at level 80) for your class. In order from lowest to highest:

Mage: 3268
Druid: 3496
Priest: 3863
Warlock: 4294
Paladin: 4394
Shaman: 4396
Hunter: 5046
Alex, 29 Human Chemist
Piju 90 Pandaren Monk
Rhaegal 90 Goblin Shaman
...and many more

Please increase your signal to noise ratio before speaking.
Rhaegal

Re: Base Mana values for each class

Postby Toranus » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:43 am

Rhaegal wrote:Since all mana costs are a percent of base mana now, it's occasionally handy to have a list of the base mana values (at level 80) for your class. In order from lowest to highest:

Mage: 3268
Druid: 3796
Priest: 3863
Warlock: 4294
Paladin: 4394
Shaman: 4396
Hunter: 5046

lolwat?
There was a problem. You're most likely blocked by the armory.There was a problem. You're most likely blocked by the armory.There was a problem. You're most likely blocked by the armory.There was a problem. You're most likely blocked by the armory.
Toranus

Postby Rhaegal » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:03 am

Haha, I know, right?
Alex, 29 Human Chemist
Piju 90 Pandaren Monk
Rhaegal 90 Goblin Shaman
...and many more

Rhaegal

Postby Inoko » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:37 pm

I mentioned last night that the JoWisdom change fucked mages the hardest. Jeff went: "Your base mana is even lower than paladins?"

This amuses me.
Click, click, clatter.
Whatever is the matter?

Three black birds, sitting on a line.
Blood stained beaks sending shivers down your spine.

Crick, crick, crack.
The Devil’s on my Back.
Inoko

Postby Rhaegal » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:56 pm

Haha, yeah, I was surprised shaman and paladin are basically tied for the second highest base mana.

I think there might be a slight misconception somewhere, too. "Base mana" and "naked mana" are two different things--base mana is the base mana pool of the class not counting any bonus from intellect. All classes has some amount of base intellect on top of that which will contribute to their naked mana. If mages have more base intellect than paladins, they may actually have more naked mana, but they definitely have the lowest base mana.
Alex, 29 Human Chemist
Piju 90 Pandaren Monk
Rhaegal 90 Goblin Shaman
...and many more

Rhaegal

Postby Hamish » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:15 pm

I guess it sorta makes though considering the gear that the different mana classes generally go for. Though in a lot of cases that's changed drasticly over the course of the game and I doubt base mana has. I think Ret/Prot paladins are the only ones that don't have int gear so it would probably make more sense if they had the highest base mana.
I'd be a lot funnier if you guys were smarter.
Hamish

Postby Inoko » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:25 pm

Hamish wrote:I guess it sorta makes though considering the gear that the different mana classes generally go for. Though in a lot of cases that's changed drasticly over the course of the game and I doubt base mana has. I think Ret/Prot paladins are the only ones that don't have int gear so it would probably make more sense if they had the highest base mana.

This also shafts the classes that USE THE MOST MANA on judgement. :P
Click, click, clatter.
Whatever is the matter?

Three black birds, sitting on a line.
Blood stained beaks sending shivers down your spine.

Crick, crick, crack.
The Devil’s on my Back.
Inoko

Postby Rhaegal » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:28 pm

On the other hand, because Replenishment is based on total mana, those classes that have tons of int on their gear gain way more from it.
Alex, 29 Human Chemist
Piju 90 Pandaren Monk
Rhaegal 90 Goblin Shaman
...and many more

Rhaegal

Postby Toranus » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:40 pm

Rhaegal wrote:On the other hand, because Replenishment is based on total mana, those classes that have tons of int on their gear gain way more from it.

and hunter gear doesn't have lots of int, so they apparently were given a decent base mana to compensate. Which fucks their replenishment. Viper Sting gogo?
There was a problem. You're most likely blocked by the armory.There was a problem. You're most likely blocked by the armory.There was a problem. You're most likely blocked by the armory.There was a problem. You're most likely blocked by the armory.
Toranus

Postby Undra » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:12 pm

Actually, given the change to Careful Aim and it dropping to the second teir of MM, It's pretty much become a required talent for any spec, likewise, Hunter gear has changed to reflect this. My mana bar is actually over 10k and every point of Int is another point of AP.

I'm really looking forward to returning to a new survival spec that lets me have Careful Aim and Hunter vs. Wild letting me convert Agl, Int, and partial Stam to AP.

But that's off topic.

Historically, hunters have had very little int, and so needed a higher base mana to compensate.
When Undra saw the breadth of his stables, he wept for there were no more beasts to tame.
Undra Quala Stressball Tsunbeare Jwpepper Drymane Rockfen Rebuttal Azif Anashi Fenrock
Undra

Return to Classes and Guides