OV is Full of Win

Ordo Veritas news!

Moderator: Officers

Jahdiel

OV is Full of Win

Post#1 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:40 am

I don't know if I say this enough, but you guys rock. I'm pretty sure I speak for all the officers when I say this (though Jeff can get kinda ornery...).

We destroyed Kara in a little over two months. Just think about that for a second. That's crazy amounts of progression: it basically means we downed a new boss every week. Guilds just don't do that. We learned all the new strategies, read up on the wiki, kept in contact on the forums; and even rotating people in and out, we didn't have many major hitches. Alex said it recently, and I think it kinda sums up our pwnage of the whole thing: "wait, did we forget to turn on Heroic for this place?"

Now loots are great, and downing new bosses is fun, but the thing that sticks out in my mind is that we had alot of fun doing it. We joked about wipes. We laughed when Uno died. Beers were drank. You guys didn't yell at me too much when I was late. We only made Shannon respec a few times. "That's what she said" was everywhere. We laughed when Uno had to pay our repair costs. Then we laughed when he died again. We only made fun of Undra a few times about the gear that we pretended actually dropped. We decked out Mbj in epic daggers. We hated on Attumen for dropping nothing but those stupid mail bracers. We hated on Maiden for dropping nothing but Iron Maiden gloves. We still hate Moroes for not dropping good shoulders. And who can forget Tom burning dinner? There have been tons of great and hilarious moments.

The point of the matter is, though, that we had the best of both worlds: lots of good playing and lots of good fun. I really couldn't ask for more than that. :D It's awesome to be playing and raiding with all of you, and I'm really glad I'm in OV.

I'm also really looking forward to seeing what we do in ZA. :twisted:

/salute
/lick
Hamlet says "To be or not to be", and the building behind him blows up. It is spectacular. The audience whispers, "Yes. This is what Shakespeare meant."

Rhaegal

Re: OV is Full of Win

Post#2 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:52 am

Jahdiel wrote:We still hate Moroes for not dropping good shoulders.

Boots, yo! Shoulders are Chess! Which we also hate on!

But yeah, well said, and well done by all. =) Mike is absolutely right - as great as our progression rate was, the best part of it is how much fun we had doing it. It's absolutely true that these things enhance each other, but the day-to-day mentality of OV in and out of raids is something I have only experienced on the best of days previously.

Mike's really looking forward to seeing what we do in ZA. I already know what we're going to do in ZA. What I'm looking forward to is what we say! :lol: :twisted:
Alex, 33 Human PhD Chemist
Pijuo 110 Pandaren Monk
Panser 110 Tauren Druid
Rhaegal 106 Orc Shaman
...and many more

Please increase your signal to noise ratio before speaking.

mageofundead
Site Admin

Post#3 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:19 pm

Jahdiel wrote:I'm also really looking forward to seeing what we do in ZA. :twisted:

/salute
/lick

Now loots are great, and downing new bosses is fun, but the thing that sticks out in my mind is that we had alot of fun doing it. We joked about wipes. We laughed when Uno died. Beers were drank. You guys didn't yell at me too much when I was late. We only made Shannon respec a few times. "That's what she said" was everywhere. We laughed when Uno had to pay our repair costs. Then we laughed when he died again. We only made fun of Undra a few times about the gear that we pretended actually dropped. We decked out Mbj in epic daggers. We hated on Attumen for dropping nothing but those stupid mail bracers. We hated on Maiden for dropping nothing but Iron Maiden gloves. We still hate Moroes for not dropping good shoulders. And who can forget Tom burning dinner? There have been tons of great and hilarious moments.

QFT? That's what will happen in ZA (Except replace KZ boss names with ZA boss names).
Good News, Everyone! ಠ_ಠ
EtoilenoirMageofundeadMiltyKiss

Hamish

Post#4 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:04 am

I'm not sure that the name of this board is accurate.
I'd be a lot funnier if you guys were smarter.

Hamish

Post#5 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:05 am

Where is Mike

Hamish

Post#6 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:07 am

Has he converted enough people to level up? Has managed to continue being the sole person on this earth to which the word nice can be applied to without implied cynicism?

Return to “News”